Cell Line Development
Abzena has over a decade of experience in Cell Line Development (CLD) and have completed multiple projects expressing biologics ranging from antibodies,antibodies, antibody fragments, fusion proteins and vaccines.
A fully integrated offering allows Abzena to maximize task overlap, accelerate timelines and de-risk development.
Our scientists tailor programs to your needs, minimizing timelines for standard molecules such as mAbs, Fabs and Fc fusions using our tried and tested platform methods. For more novel and complex molecules, a rapid but safe approach can be employed, developing suitable novel methods which meet your needs.
We achieve better biologics CLD through:
- Platform process utilizing commercially available media and feeds
- Fast development of high-quality clones
- Strong analytics and bioassay capabilities to ensure product quality as well as productivity
- Integrated approach to minimize timelines to IND enabling material
- Global project management to ensure smooth progression of projects for on time delivery
- Global quality team ensuring processes and methods are aligned
You can leverage our experience, expertise and technologies to maximize expression of recombinant proteins and antibodies or maintain biosimilarity when developing your cell lines. Abzena’s technical capabilities, strong project management and global quality team ensure the most reliable process.
CHO-K1 Host Cells
You can leverage royalty-free technologies including our serum free adapted CHO-K1 and pABZ vectors to maximize expression of recombinant proteins and antibodies. CHO-K1 have been established as one of the leading mammalian cell lines for biologics production and have been used for industrial manufacture of multiple licensed products. Abzena’s CHO-K1 are combined with Abzena’s optimized pABZ vector system in an efficient platform process that offers:
- Well documented history of CHO-K1 host cell line from GMP cell banks
- Purified material from fast stable pools within 6 weeks
- DNA to RCB in 16 weeks in a fast and reliable process
- Rapid microfluidics screening to isolate and identify the most productive single cell clones
- Monoclonality assured through HD-images of single cells
- Clone selection performed in scale-down ambr15 bioreactors using our platform fed-batch process
- Typical mAb titres 3-5 g/L in a scalable process
- Abzena platform system allows rapid progression of RCBs through process development to GMP scale-up to provide IND enabling material
Abzena has developed royalty-free technologies CHO-K1 cell line and pABZ vectors to maximise expression of recombinant proteins and antibodies. We have experience of developing multiple CHO cell lines used to produce products used in clinical trials. Read more >>>
We can help you maintain biosimilarity critical for the regulatory approval of biosimilar products by developing your cell line using the originator cell type. We have different CHO, NS0 and Sp2/0 cell lines adapted to serum-free growth media available for development.. Read more >>>
Abzena’s CLD technology can be used to switch host cell platform from older originator cell lines (e.g. NS0 and Sp2/0) to Composite CHO ™. Read more >>>
Abzena has extensive experience in cGMP and non-GMP production for recombinant proteins, antibodies, conjugates, gene therapy, and cell therapy products for preclinical and clinical materials. Abzena’s expertise in employing single-use technology allows for rapid turnaround times and cost-effective solutions. Read more >>>