The Senior Director of Materials Management is responsible for leading Materials and Warehouse functions to ensure robust and reliable GMP supply of raw materials and consumables for the development and manufacture of client products. This position also oversees the development and logistics management of Abzena’s site to site internal shipping function. The Senior Director serves as a key SME for the Operations team in ERP systems and will facilitate the implementation and adoption of the IFS.
- Oversees materials management staff responsible for shipping, receiving and inventory control.
- Manages material receipt, inventory control (including cycle counting program) and timely release of materials to ensure that sufficient supplies are available for development, manufacturing, and testing.
- Develops and maintains compliant GMP materials storage facilities including potential hazardous and temperature-controlled materials.
- Maintains an uninterrupted supply of materials and no delays to production and process development schedules.
- Supports and communicates with Facilities/Maintenance, AQC, AMD, Manufacturing, Process Development, Global Supply Chain, EHS, Accounting, and Project Management.
- Develops interactive reporting dashboards to support daily materials management operations and management reviews.
- Ensure processes/people are effectively utilizing IFS as the global ERP system and serve as the materials management Super User for cross-functional training and configuration initiatives.
- Assists with the development of local Kanban systems to support Manufacturing.
- Develops procedures and systems to ensure proper control of materials in compliance with all corporate and applicable regulatory SOP and cGMP guidelines.
- Participates in internal, partner and regulatory audits and client visits.
- Evaluates and selects shipment modes and carriers, establishes customs brokers and ensures compliance with import/export law and associated regulations.
- Establishes initiatives to reduce cycle time, minimize inventory levels, and reduce obsolescence by working closely with site and corporate functions.
- Serves as a member of the Site Leadership Team.
- Train and mentor staff in maintaining excellence on GMP, quality control, safety, and ERP.
- Works closely with other functions to drive overall material management efficiency and product delivery in a timely, cost-efficient manner.
- Collaborates with peers at other sites to ensure that processes are consistent, reliable and efficient and that cross-site transfers can be executed seamlessly.
- Stays current with current industry standards, new trends and all applicable regulations.
- Provides strong written and oral communication and facilitates communication between team members to ensure efforts are aligned.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures, and mission.
- Communicate effectively with clients, supervisors, colleagues and staff.
- Participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- A minimum of 5 years in biopharmaceutical environment, 15 years in supply chain management and a minimum of 10 years in leadership roles.
- IATA certified for shipping of dangerous goods.
- Experience with GMP operations and Regulatory inspections.
- Knowledge of raw materials, pharmaceutical production processes, quality control, and material costs.
- Proven project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- ERP experience required.
- Labeling and warehouse QR/barcode scanning experience required.
- Business partnering, and interpersonal skills required.
- Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- Proven experience in building materials management departments, processes and systems to support biopharmaceutical development.
- Ability to stand for 1-2 hours at a time, sit for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
- Frequently lift and or move objects at least 15 pounds.
- Use arms, hands, and fingers to handle, feel or reach.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Visual abilities including near and far sight, color, peripheral vision, depth and ability to focus.
Abzena is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.