The Materials Coordinator I will work within the R&D / GMP warehouses managing the receiving, issuance, transfer and shipping of all products. The Materials Coordinator will work closely with all Abzena team members ensuring they provide them the material within a timely fashion.
- Maintains inventory, shipping, purchasing and receiving operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing GMP policies and procedures.
- Maintains material inventory for all raw materials used for R & D Lab Use as well as manufacturing in GMP environment.
- Ensures that Manufacturing allocated items are pulled and issued to specific projects and assists Manufacturing for staging and un-staging materials for GMP processes.
- Ensures that all materials are pulled and issued to specific projects for R&D, PD and QC usage.
- Monitors, reviews, and reports on physical inventory in stock and capacity requirements.
- Works in collaboration with Quality Control to ensure completion of inspection and testing for incoming materials and report Quality Assurance concerns if applicable.
- Provides Material Verification to internal specifications and release requirements.
- Checks materials received against purchase orders and material specifications.
- Reports damaged or defected items.
- Maintains records of received materials
- Enters and maintains inventory chemical and solvent data into ChemInventory.net software program with detailed accuracy.
- Interacts with MSAT to reconcile inventory variances.
- Follows Abzena procedures for Receiving, Inspection, Raw Materials Specifications, Raw Material Inventory, Material Transfer, and Shipping.
- Ovesees all Shipping and Receiving duties.
- Assists Material Control Manager with maintaining physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts and inspecting equipment.
- Follows best practices related to the systems and process that support Material Control.
- Maintains inventory usage and needs via ERP.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients, supervisors, colleagues and staff.
- Participates effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures, and mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May participate on Spill Team and Safety Committee.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- Minimum high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience with materials control coordination. Preferred minimum one (1) year experience working in a Quality Assurance environment.
- Ability to read and understand test plans, Standard Operating Procedures and documents written in English.
- Skill communicating effectively with all members of the manufacturing and testing teams.
- Knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures within the manufacturing and biologic environment.
- Microsoft Office experience.
Travel between Abzena sites (Bristol PA, San Diego CA and Sanford NC) as needed.
- Ability to stand for 1-2 hours at a time, sit for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
- Frequently lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds.
- Stand/walk during entire length of shift.
- Use arms, hands and fingers to handle, feel or reach.
- Ability to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Visual abilities including near and far sight, color, peripheral vision, depth and ability to focus.