The IFS ERP System Administrator serves as a subject matter expert and will be responsible for overseeing the installation, management, upgrades, and support of the IFS Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. This individual will provide functional and technical advice and support to end-users.
The IFS ERP System Administrator will apply analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues. In addition, this individual will also be responsible for identifying and implementing system improvements to optimize performance and uptime in a manner consistent with organizational goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA, ICH).
- Serves as primary Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the IFS ERP system
- Works closely with vendors, contractors and the development teams to resolve certain issues that cannot be resolved in-house
- Establishes and maintain effective working relationships with end users and suppliers
- Maintains security administration of ERP system and ensures users have proper access levels to the appropriate functionality
- Develops and maintains a knowledge base of best practices for end users
- Authors and maintains the user manual for staff
- Ensures strict adherence to software licensing rules and maintains careful records
- Responds promptly to end user and management needs and meets all SLAs
- Talks staff or clients through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the telephone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Analyzes software application issues and determines effective course of action to improve operational functionality
- Participates in after-hours support during evenings and weekends as needed
- Leads the evaluation, testing, and implementation of new modules and upgraded software
- Interfaces with the software vendors for any application bug resolution or application maintenance issues
- Participates in disaster recovery planning and testing
- Tests and evaluates new product features from the supplier
- Participates in routine meetings related to the ERP system and core IT Operational systems
- Proactively anticipates issues and make recommendations
- Carries out any other duties that are reasonably requested
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Communicates effectively with clients, supervisors, colleagues and staff.
- Participates effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures, and mission.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications/ Skills Required:
- At least three (3) years’ experience in a similar role
- At least one (2) year of experience using the ERP system from IFS
- Proven ability to provide strong initiatives, establish personal goals, and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines
- Proven ability to function in a dynamic environment subject to spontaneous changes in schedules and priorities
- Experience in customer service
- Working knowledge of GCP, cGMP and/or ICH guidelines
- Ability to stand for 1-2 hours at a time, sit for 2 to 3 hours at a time.
- Frequently lift and or move objects up to 20 pounds.
- Visual abilities including near and far sight, color, peripheral vision, depth and ability to focus.
Abzena is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, and training.