Sr Director Alliance and Program Management
Location: San Diego, CA
Area: Business Development
The Sr Director Alliance and Program Management will be the visible face of the Company’s biologics development capability, internally and externally, supporting business development, acting as the focal point with internal technical and development teams, and taking an active, central role in managing key alliances with customers. Fully ensures that an integrated service offering is in place in order to maximize efficiency, seek program technical synergies and to provide a streamlined and cost-effective experience for our partners.
- To ensure coordination and prioritization of customer biologics programs between business development, the operational technical teams and the customer project teams and their third-party providers.
- Provides the partner organisation with a single over-arching point of contact and support during the program life cycle
- To build relationships with our clients to create biologics products to maximize the offering of these services & technologies
- To oversee R&D, cell and process development and manufacturing for third parties to maintain awareness of progress and issues to feedback to the customer and business development and ensure that the deliverables are achieved
- To build and maintain an awareness of the technologies used by others to create biologics products including their strengths and weaknesses, development status and company relationships
- To identify opportunities for strategic relationships with service providers who could use or promote the Company’s technologies and propose how such relationships could be developed and managed.
- Works with the technical leads at each site to ensure a smooth operational hand-over between groups/sites by means of an integrated technical development plan and by tracking the technical activities
- Leads the global program team.
- Maintenance all aspects of program governance, reporting, plans, issues and risk mitigation strategies to the Senior Operations team and where necessary our Partner Organisations’ decision-making architecture.
Qualification / Skills:
- Life science degree and ideally a post-graduate qualification.
- Minimum of 10 years in the pharmaceutical/bio pharmaceutical industry.
- At least 5 years’ experience of project/program management focusing on technical development of biologics (contract manufacture highly desirable).
- Experience of antibody manufacture and/or development and, ideally, of working with ADCs.
- Capable of commanding respect through engagement and delivery; demonstrable track record of leading without report.
- MS Project skills for planning and tracking of activities (essential), for program financial analysis and resource management (highly desirable).
- An excellent communicator, capable of building strong relationships with a diverse spectrum of stakeholders in the biologics field, from the bench to the board.
- A strong focus on collaboration and teamwork.
- Fast action-oriented; provides clear direction; results driven; maintains a strong client focus.
- Management of third party collaborations and/or outsourced pre-clinical work is desirable.
- Strong commercial understanding of the evolving bio-pharmaceutical market.
- Deep understanding of product development and ideally experience in cGMP and regulatory affairs, particularly regulatory CMC.