Senior Program Manager
Location: San Diego, CA
Area: Project Management
The Senior Program Manager will be the visible face of the Abzena’s biologics development capability, internally and externally, supporting business development, acting as the focal point with internal technical and development teams, and taking an active, central role in managing key alliances with customers. The incumbent of this position fully ensures that an integrated service offering is in place to maximize efficiency, seek program technical synergies and provide a streamlined and cost-effective experience for our clients and partners.
- Across all of the Abzena sites, ensures coordination and prioritization of customer biologics programs among Business Development, operational technical teams, customer project teams, and their third party providers.
- Provide input to strategic decisions that affect Abzena products/product lines.
- Develop marketing strategies and programs for the various Abzena products/product lines.
- Evaluate products/product lines to develop and update Abzena goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and monitor scheduling, pricing and technical performance Abzena’s programs.
- Provides partner organizations with a single over-arching point of contact and support during the program lifecycle.
- Build relationships with all Abzena clients to create biologics products to maximize the offering of these services and technologies.
- Resolve escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments and external customers, partners and providers.
- Oversee R&D, cell and process development and manufacturing for third parties to maintain awareness of progress and issues to feedback to the customer and Business Development to ensure the deliverables are achieved.
- Build and maintain an awareness of the technologies used by others to create biologics products including their strengths and weaknesses, development status and company relationships. Prepare proposals to acquire new programs.
- Identify opportunities for strategic relationships with service providers who could use or promote Abzena’s technologies and propose how such relationships could be developed and managed.
- Maintain all aspects of Abzena’s Global program governance, reporting, plans, issues and risk mitigation strategies to the Senior Operations team and where necessary, Abzena’s Partner Organization’s decision-making architecture.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena’s policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena business.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership with knowledge-based expertise in related areas that can be applied to meeting Abzena’s strategic goals.
- Travels as needed.
- Minimum BS degree in life sciences, preferably PhD.
- Minimum ten (10) years experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in project/program management focusing on technical development of biologics. Contract manufacture highly desirable.
- Experience with antibody manufacture and/or development. Ideally, experience working with ADCs.
- Experience managing third party collaborations and/or outsourced preclinical work is desirable.
- Expert commercial understanding of the evolving biopharmaceutical market.
- Expert understanding of product development. Ideally, experience in cGMP and regulatory affairs, particularly regulatory CMC.
- MS Project skills required. Ability to use MS Project for Program financial analysis and resource management (highly desirable).
- Leadership skills capable of commanding respect through engagement and delivery; demonstrable track record of leading without report.
- Experience in a matrix organizational structure.
- Experience in client-facing environments is required.
- PMP Certification highly desired.
- Skills that focus to achieve results.
- Ability to be quickly action-oriented.
- Ability to provide clear direction.