Location: San Diego, CA
Area: Business Development
Typical Duties Include:
- Manage proposal preparation process.
- Write proposals and quotes in collaboration with technical teams, and in line with Business Development plans.
- Support proposal processes to ensure timely preparation and delivery of requested documents. Initiate and facilitate meetings and/or corroboration with proposal, business development and technical teams to ensure complete and timely response(s) to proposal(s).
- Collaborate with internal staff to gather information for proposal and business development documents; coordinate internal evaluation process for customer requests.
- Utilize Business Development experience to develop confidentiality agreements (COAs), Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and other administrative task to support legal and contract execution.
- Contribute to the assessment/development of project specific costs/pricing/margins and timeline.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously, both operational teams and project management, as needed.
- Evaluate and summarize incoming inquiries for Abzena’s service from researchers/drug developers and provide initial response to inquiries on Abzena’s offered services.
- Initiate contact with potential new organizations in need of Abzena’s offerings.
- Collaborate with internal staff to gather information for business development documents.
- Review and advise on possible systems for updated potential client tracking, including communications, quotes/estimates, project proposals.
- Recommend and attend conferences, tradeshows and events as a representative of Abzena
- Participate in joint marketing activities with Abzena companies representing company-wide offerings.
- Use professional concepts in accordance with company objectives to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- Support multiple projects simultaneously.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- Travels as needed to attend professional conferences, and train on new technologies.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, science or related discipline. Associate’s degree and related experience may be considered, depending on commensurate qualifying industry experience.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years of experience in pharmaceutical/biologic industry business development and/or research and development industry.
- Ability to influence and persuade to achieve desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize.
- Knowledge of budgeting process.