Proposal Manager II
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Program Management
Your Vision. Our Mission. For Patients.
We are Abzena. We are a responsible and dedicated Partner Research Organisation (PRO) that takes care of products from concept to patient.
With extensive experience in developing biologics and bioconjugates, we offer a seamless service delivered by fully integrated teams, from early discovery to commercial manufacturing.
Forward-thinking and committed, we find the best solution and use the right technologies to design, develop and manufacture your products to ensure we get vital medicines to patients quickly and safely.
We are dedicated to quality excellence. We are driven to get better treatments to market, efficiently and responsibly by reducing timelines and delivering the highest quality products and services.
The Proposal Manager II is responsible for generating proposals or statements of work of one or more areas of expertise, including bioconjugation, that meet customer needs in a timely manner in the primary area of chemistry. He/she needs to understand any form of RFP and work with customers and internal business functions to put together a comprehensive package of work stages for achieving key milestones and deliverables.
- Manages proposals as an expert in the primary field of chemistry and bioconjugation, in particular production and evaluation of highly potent biomolecules (e.g. ADCs) under non-GMP and GMP conditions
- Collaboratively leads and writes multiple proposals (or similar formats) in parallel in a timely manner in office and remote working environments
- Understands customer’s RFP or similar and produces proposals with sufficient content and accuracy in proportion to the customer’s requests, and navigates knowledge gaps by suggesting appropriate assumptions
- Initiates and facilitates meetings with project managers, business development and technical teams to ensure complete and timely response to proposals
- Manages differences in opinions and guides discussions towards a business strategy that best serves customer needs
- Be involved in online or face-to-face meetings with customers
- Understands the pricing structures and applies appropriate prices that meet the scope of work
- Understands different types of legal documents related to proposal generation
- Leads regular updates to proposal and pricing templates related to the area of expertise, and contributes towards templates in other areas
- B.Sc., M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in chemistry or related discipline
- 1-3 years’ experience in chemistry research and development
- Direct experience in bioconjugation is preferred
- Knowledge of drug development process and regulatory trends
- Collaborative and inclusive working ethics, especially during online discussions
- Self-discipline to work to a high standard as a single unit in a remote working environment
- Experience in a commercial environment is desirable
- Experience in working in a CDMO organization is preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Excellent ability to work on multiple proposals in parallel
- Proficient use of SciFinder, ChemDraw and Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Our Total Rewards program is designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Competitive salaries and benefits will vary by country and are based on local standards.
- Health Benefits – supporting you with robust and comprehensive programs
- Life and Disability Plans – protecting you with life insurance
- Retirement Schemes – contributing to Workplace Pensions
- Paid Time Off – offering up to 25 days
- Education Assistance – developing your skills and knowledge to pioneer new thinking
- Employee Referral Program – rewarding you for referring brilliant people
Diversity, inclusion and belonging
Abzena for everyone; bring your whole self to work.
You belong. Building an inclusive culture that fosters, empowers, and celebrates the diverse voices of our employees, we embrace your thoughts, experiences, and talents. It is our belief that the more inclusive we are, the better we work.
We’re an inclusive employer, and we care about diversity in our teams. Let us know in your application if you have accessibility requirements during the recruitment process.
We put people first, understanding your needs and respecting your rights. This includes respecting your rights to data protection, as protected in law. We’ll always conduct our work with your privacy in mind. This means collecting as little personal data as possible, storing it securely and being clear about how we’ll use it.