Proposal Manager II
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Proposal Management
Abzena provides the most complete set of solutions in integrated early discovery to mid-phase biotherapeutic and ADC drug development services in the pharmaceutical industry. Working with companies and academic groups all over the world, including most of the top 20 biopharmaceutical companies, Abzena supports the development and manufacture of better treatments for patients. Multiple antibodies which have been created using Abzena’s technologies are currently being progressed through clinical development by our partners.
At Abzena we recognise the importance of learning within teams and actively encourage staff to coach and mentor others, in order to pass on knowledge and develop the skills of more junior staff.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative, varied and challenging environment where you will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone and develop your career.
Responsible for generating proposals accurately and timely in line with Abzena Business Development plans.
- Lead and manage the proposal process involving biology and bioanalysis, e.g. discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, bioanalysis and bioassay under non-GMP and, if relevant, GMP conditions, by working individually or with proposal managers from other sites;
- Lead and manage proposals involving different business units (e.g. BD, finance, technical leads from bioanalytics, bioassay, protein engineering, chemistry, bioconjugation, etc, and units from other sites) to facilitate their contributions towards timely preparation, review and delivery of requested proposals;
- Use different types of proposals (standard, SOW, amendments, quotations, budgetary) and pricing structures for different services (e.g. single site or integrated);
- Collaborate with internal colleagues to gather information for customer RFI, CDAs, MSAs, and other documents to support legal and contract execution;
- Work in a flexible and prioritized manner to manage and progress multiple proposals on-site and via remote working;
- Support business-critical proposals which may need to be written outside standard working hours;
- Lead the improvement of certain areas of proposal generation progress;
- Contribute towards proposals covering different disciplines with cross-training;
- Provide support for ongoing projects.
- Execute as a highly resourceful team player;
- Communicates effectively and collaboratively with supervisors, colleagues and staff;
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards;
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures;
- Travels as needed (less than 5%) to attend professional conferences, and train on new technologies.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD degree in biology or related discipline;
- Extensive experience in biology research and / or manufacture.
- GMP experience is preferred;
- Experience in a commercial environment, e.g. Pharma, biotech, CRO or CMO organization;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office suite software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required;
- Experience with CRM (e.g. Salesforce) and ERP system, e.g. IFS, preferred.
- Knowledge of drug development process and regulatory trends, preferred.