Project Management Associate
Location: Cambridge, UK
Area: Project Management
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and proactive process administrator to join our dynamic Project Management team in Cambridge, UK Reporting to respective site Head of Project Management, the Project Management Associate will play a critical role in administering project entry and tracking in a newly rolled out ERP system at Abzena. The individual will work with a broad range of functions including Business Development, Proposals and Science, in support of aligning processes from contract sign-off to project set up and entering the required information into a centralised platform for effective project, resource and revenue management. This is an ideal opportunity for a highly organised and exceptionally personable individual who wants to work in a busy and supportive environment.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative, varied and challenging environment where you will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone.
Working with world-leading biopharmaceutical companies and academic institutions across many therapeutic areas, Abzena offers a suite of complementary services and technologies to enable the development and manufacture of novel biopharmaceuticals.
Situated on an attractive parkland estate, in a spacious, beautifully landscaped setting, the Abzena building on the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge has been purpose-built to accommodate Abzena’s needs and enables all the Group’s UK-based science teams to work together in a single, state-of-the-art facility.
The key responsibility of a Project Management Associate is to efficiently enter and update information into Abzena’s ERP system within a strict and rapid timeline. Master data elements include Project Stages and Descriptions, Activities, Departments, Revenue/Budgets and Dates/Timelines. ERP master data integrity is critical to operational performance across many functions. Collaborates with Science, Program Management, Proposals, Finance, Accounting and Business Development teams.
Typical Duties Include:
- Responsible for the accurate and timely entry and maintenance of Project records into Abzena’s IFS ERP system and Microsoft Project
- Develops, maintains, and improves the process for entry and maintenance of Project records
- If appropriate, follow up with internal stakeholders advising of changes or updates to critical Project information such as timelines, Amendments to programs, costs
- Collaborates with Science, Program Management, Finance, Accounting and Business Development teams to perform the above
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned and aligned with the overall Project Management function and responsibilities within Abzena
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues, and staff.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- Willingness to train on new technologies.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures and mission.
- Relevant data entry and/or administration experience.
- Understanding of basic project management process
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel with aptitude to learn new software and systems. Full training will be provided on in-house software applications
- Experience working in a drug development or scientific service sector an advantage
- Experience with enterprise, resource, planning (ERP) platforms and / or Microsoft Project would be an advantage
- Must have the ability to multitask, prioritize, and finish projects and tasks within deadlines.
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, organized, and adaptable.