Location: Cambridge, UK
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Office Manager to join our dynamic Operations team in Cambridge. Reporting to the Senior Director, Quality and Operations, the Office Manager will ensure the smooth running of the office on a day-to-day and drive-forward and promote wellbeing & social initiatives. This is an ideal opportunity for an organised and exceptionally personable individual to work in a busy and supportive environment.
Working with world-leading biopharmaceutical companies and academic institutions across many therapeutic areas, Abzena offers a suite of complementary services and technologies to enable the development and manufacture of novel biopharmaceuticals.
Situated on an attractive parkland estate, in a spacious, beautifully landscaped setting, the Abzena building on the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge has been purpose-built to accommodate Abzena’s needs and enables all the Group’s UK-based science teams to work together in a single, state-of-the-art facility.
In return, we can offer you a competitive salary and benefits package; a collaborative, varied and challenging environment where you will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone.
Core responsibilities include:
- Answering telephone enquiries and meeting and greeting visitors, and creating a welcoming and professional atmosphere
- Day-to-day management of office workspace and administration (post, stationary, shared refreshments, cleaning contractors, office furniture and maintenance)
- Drive-forward and promote wellbeing & social initiatives
- Support the planning and execution of company meetings and work events
- Manage visitor bookings and meeting room coordination
- Support the onboarding of new employees
- Help develop office policies and conduct regular office inspections as part of the Abzena safety monitoring policy
- Arrange domestic and international shipments of laboratory samples
- Keeping updated records of office expenses and support invoice processing
Your skills and experiences:
- Relevant work-related experience in a similar role
- Customer focused individual with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Exceptional written and spoken English
- Exceptional telephone manner
- Being proactive, adaptable, and independent, with a high level of autonomy and initiative
- Ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Outstanding organisational and time management skills
- Good IT skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook) with aptitude to learn new software and systems. Full training will be provided on in-house software applications
- Experience of dealing with couriers and specialised global shippers would be an advantage but full training will be provided