Master Data Configuration Analyst
Location: San Diego, CA
Area: Supply Chain
Responsible for maintaining data integrity of Materials Resource Planning (MRP) system and coordinating all MRP system updates with the appropriate departments such as Operations, Finance and Information Services (IS). Is the primary knowledge base for the daily activities in the MRP system for the Abzena San Diego campuses.
Typical Duties Include:
- Evaluate and process all Document Change Reports (DCR)’s; coordinate all data input into the MRP system.
- Serves as liaison between Operations and Finance on all product/part configuration matters.
- Audit for missing operating data in support of material, capacity planning and procurement.
- Correct the MRP system as needed based on the audit process.
- Establish new master records and existing item master records.
- Maintain and track the data integrity of the MRP data entry system.
- Establish procedures for internal customers related to MRP system use.
- Work with functional owners to identify, troubleshoot and resolve issues in routine operations.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the end-to-end process and the MRP system configuration that drives the process.
- Maintain documentation on the MRP system configuration including the definition of security roles.
- Ensure that users of the MRP system are trained in the correct usage of the system.
- Identify ways to improve operational efficiencies in the MRP process, including system changes.
- Work with Information Services (IS) group and the MRP system vendor to implement system changes.
- Lead MRP process improvement projects.
- Creates custom reports and analytics utilizing the MRP.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena’s business.
- Travels as needed to attend professional conferences, and train on new technologies.
- Minimum high school diploma, AA or BS degree preferred.
- Minimum 2-4 years of related experience, or 0-2 years related experience, with BS degree.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adapt in fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand and comply with written procedures and cGMP.
- Organizational skills and skill with attention to details.
- Expert knowledge of GMP, GLP, GDP documentation practices.
- APICS Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM), preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit for extended periods of time in front of a computer monitor.
- Use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Stand walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Lift and/or move, with assistance, up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.