Laboratory Technician I
Location: Cambridge, UK
Working with world-leading biopharmaceutical companies and academic institutions across many therapeutic areas, Abzena offers a suite of complementary services and technologies to enable the development and manufacture of novel biopharmaceutical products.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and a collaborative, varied and challenging environment where you will be encouraged to step outside your comfort zone.
Situated on an attractive parkland estate, in a spacious, beautifully landscaped setting, the Abzena building on the Babraham Research Campus, Cambridge has been purpose-built to accommodate Abzena’s needs and enables all the Group’s UK-based science teams to work together in a single, state-of-the-art facility.
Working in accordance to our SOPs you will work under the supervision of the Scientists to provide an integral part of the laboratory operations.
- Maintaining working levels of consumables and reagents in the labs
- Blood processing, PBMC preparation
- Cell line culture
- Lab maintenance
- Harvesting cells for proliferation assays
- DNA preps, gels, endotoxin testing
- Cleaning of laboratory glassware and restocking of cupboards with clean glassware
- Preparation of reagents and media for scientific experiments
- Following Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Working to concepts and practices of Abzena’s lab health and safety policies
Qualifications, skills, and personal qualities
- High standard of numeracy and literacy
- Timely and accurate data entry skills, with a high level of attention to detail
- IT literacy, with working knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Committed team player with proactive attitude
- A confident and mature approach
To fulfil the role you will be required to wear protective clothing and work in a controlled environment. You must be eligible to work in the UK.