Location: Bristol, PA
Responsible for contributing to the optimization and development of bioconjugation techniques and related processes, including but not limited to the areas of Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs), protein drug conjugates, conjugated vaccine, Fluorescent-Probe Bioconjugation and Protein-Protein cross-linking.
Typical Duties Include:
- Planning of synthetic routes/strategies, the execution and delivery of bioconjugation projects for Abzena’s clients.
- Preparation, purification and characterization of all materials including the protein and the drug molecules.
- Maintaining clear and current records of their work within a laboratory notebook and performing all applicable analytical work.
- Contribute to the planning of conjugation routes, the execution and delivery (in a timely manner) of conjugation projects assigned to support Abzena’s clients.
- Design and execute a multiple step synthesis of pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, cytotoxins, and high-value organic compounds while maintaining accurate notebooks, documents, and project reports.
- Develop synthetic methodologies to prepare client’s approval in a cost-effective and timely manner.
- Conduct literature search and prepare viable conjugation schemes.
- MS or Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemistry, protein chemistry or related discipline
- 1-5+ years of applicable technical experience in these areas
- Possess a strong background in the theory and practice of bioorganic and protein chemistry
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrate a thorough understanding of protein chemistry, protein handling, purification and characterization.
- Ability to independently prioritize work assignments, and consistently demonstrate the ability to perform assigned tasks through rigorous data collection and applying analytical tests and instrumentation in the laboratory.
- Expertise in the purification and characterization of proteins and protein conjugates using applicable modern techniques. Comfortable with routine use of HPLC, LC/MS, FPLC (affinity purification, size exclusion chromatography, hydrophobic interaction chromatography, etc.), SDS-PAGE and UV-VIS spectroscopy.