Accounts Payable Specialist – Temporary
Location: San Diego, CA
Please note this is a temporary position with the potential to become permanent.
Current Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Responsible for validation, processing, and filing of all vendor invoices.
- Reviews purchase orders for accuracy and validity
- Accurately performs three-way matching of invoices to related purchase orders and goods receipt details.
- Reviews client/projects codes, and posts all vendor invoices
- Reviews, enters and processes expense reimbursement submissions
- Must make sure that all invoices have been properly documented and approved by authorized employee prior to making payment.
- Adheres to internal protocol for timely payment requests and approvals
- Prepares payments, obtains signatures, and mails checks.
- Must make sure vendor set ups are accurate, obtains and verifies proper documentation from vendors, such as W-9’s, insurance certificates, etc.
- Reviews vendor statements and compares with AP aging and booked transactions
- Posts credit card receipts and performs month end reconciliations
- Identifies when use tax needs to be assessed and assists with reconciliation and annual filing to CA Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CADTFA); formerly known as CA State Board of Equalization (SBOE)
- Processes annual 1099’s to vendors and Internal Revenue Service
- Scans, saves, and stores receipts, AP invoices, maintaining electronic and paper vendor folders
- Files and maintains of all vendor transactions, contracts, and purchase orders
- Assists with month-end accrual processing
- Assists with client billing by pulling and matching invoices to month end client job costing billing
- Records PTO accruals and hours taken in PTO register
- Assists with any other miscellaneous accounting projects
- Operates to the highest ethical and moral standards.
- Complies with Abzena’s policies and procedures.
- Adheres to quality standards set by regulations and Abzena’s policies, procedures and mission.
- Communicates effectively with supervisors, colleagues and subordinates.
- Ability to participate effectively as a team player in all aspects of Abzena business.
- Demonstrated administrative leadership with knowledge-based expertise in related areas that can be applied to meeting Abzena’s strategic goals.
- Minimum five (5) years of related accounts payable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks (QB Enterprise)
- Knowledge of cost accounting helpful
- Comprehends accrual method of accounting
- Ideal candidate for this position is extremely organized, possesses attention to detail, has strong problem-solving ability and works well under pressure.
- Has ability to work independently with minimum supervision as well as in a team-based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products, included advanced excel or access skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills – speaks to vendors in a friendly but professional manor.
- Able to multi-task