With the next ADC approval in touching distance, the ADC field is on the edge of their seats to hear when the next exciting announcement will be. With new collaborations and important results constantly being shared, it’s safe to say the field is ever-evolving. However, despite the excitement we continue to face roadblocks with off-target toxicity, ensuring a robust supply chain and maximizing the clinical therapeutic window of an ADCs.
Abzena is presenting in two sessions and exhibiting at World ADC in San Diego.
De-risking ADC Development Through Design & Developability Assessment
- Key criteria when selecting an antibody for ADC development
- Designing ADCs so they can easily undergo a systematic evaluation and optimization of their in vitro and in vivo biological properties
- Using a flexible approach for producing stable ADCs with defined location and extent of drug loading
- Identify liabilities in ADC candidates early in the developability process, reducingrisk and expenditure in later costly stages of development
- Establish and implement a plan to modify drug design early in the process to remove liabilities
- Select a lead candidate for manufacture with a minimized cost and risk profile
Dr Mark Frigerio
VP Design & Development, Abzena Thursday 10th October – 11am
ADCascade: A New Clinically Based Approach for Target Validation, Lead Design & Selection
- Current focus of ADC development is highly complex conjugation chemistry. Some ADC are now approved and marketed but clinical efficacy and safety concerns continue.
- A new approach, ADCascade is needed for target validation, lead selection and conjugation chemistry
- Augment target validation with clinically characterized patient tissues to identify patient subgroup of interest
- Enhance lead selection of ADC through rational design and a cascade approach to evaluate linker and payload combinations with binding studies to clinically characterized on and off-target tissue
Jonathan Goldman MD
Thursday 10th October – 2:30pm